Did you know that October is National Pizza Month? I think it’s the perfect month for it! Our pizza consumption tends to wane in the summer months but when the fall rolls around and the nights get cooler and my kids schedules get busier, pizza becomes a go-to dinner for us. If you’ve never made a bagel pizza, you need to get on it. Dinner can’t get any easier than this.
Bagel Pizza History
Raise your hand if your mom ever made you English Muffin pizzas with tomato paste and cheddar cheese slices! I can still taste them! These bagel pizzas are a slightly fancier version. I hesitate to even use the word fancy anywhere here in this post. Fancy is relative.
Bagel Pizza = Kids in the kitchen!
Bagel pizzas are a GREAT way to get your kids in the kitchen. I will often slice up a bunch of bagels and let the kids prep the ingredients. The boys always go for pizza sauce while my older daughter is all about the pesto. Shredding cheese, slicing cheese, scrounging for pepperoni or colorful peppers are all fun tasks for the kids. At this time of year, we even have peppers still in our garden as well as chives, scallions, and crunchy arugula – an excellent topper AFTER the bagel pizzas or pita pizzas come out of the oven!
We discovered that pitas make just as excellent a quick pizza base as do bagels just this year. We were so lucky to find Against The Grain Gluten-Free Pitas at our local Earth Fare supermarket. So good!!
So, next time you need an easy lunch or dinner or you want to put your kids to work … have them make a bagel pizza! (Or pita pizzas!!)
Bagel Pizza Recipe
- Bagels - 1 to 2 per person
- Pizza sauce or tomato paste thinned with tomato sauce
- Pesto (optional)
- Crushed Italian herbs
- Shredded mozzarella cheese
- Veggies , assorted
- Slice bagels. Arrange evenly on a cookie sheet.
- Spread about 1 to 2 tablespoons or pizza sauce or pesto over each bagel slice.
- Sprinkle with herbs.
- Cover evenly with shredded mozzarella or slices of fresh mozzarella.
- Add any assorted veggies or pepperoni.
- Cook at 375 in the top half of the oven for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven. Enjoy!!
And, for 50 more pizza ideas to help you celebrate National Pizza Month, be sure to check out all of our Sunday Supper friends below!
- Cauliflower Crust Pizza by Monica’s Table
- Cool Veggie and Ranch Pizza Appetizer by Positively Stacey
- Pepperoni Cheese Pizza Sliders by Family Around the Table
- Pizza Beef Wontons by Asian in America
- Pizza Potato Skins by Casa de Crews
- Cinnamon Roll Pizza by Recipes Food and Cooking
- Mini Pepperoni Pizza Frittatas by The Weekend Gourmet
- Home Canned Pizza Sauce by Yummy Smells
- Candy Corn Pizza by Palatable Pastime
- Caramel Apple Dessert Pizza by The Foodie Affair
- Cheesecake Pizza by The Redhead Baker
- Coconut Macaroon Pizza by Pies and Plots
- Fresh Fruit Pizza by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Pizza Pot Pies by Brunch-n-Bites
- Bacon Jam, Pear and Butternut Squash Pizza by Caroline’s Cooking
- Bagel Pizzas by And She Cooks
- BBQ Bacon Mango Pizza by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Blackberry, Basil and Ricotta Pizza by Authentically Candace
- Breakfast Platter Pizza by al2getherfit
- Chicago Deep Dish Pizza by Bottom Left of the Mitten
- Chicken Enchilada Pizza by The Chef Next Door
- Chicken Pesto Calzone by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Chicken Pot Pie French Bread Pizza by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Chicken Vegetable Pizza (Low-Carb) by My Life Cookbook
- Copycat UNO’s Pizza by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Deep Dish Fondue Pizza by Momma’s Meals
- Deluxe Imo’s Pizza Lasagna Rolls by Crazed Mom
- Easy French Bread Pizza by Confessions of a Cooking Diva
- Everything Pizza Tartin by Sunday Supper Movement
- Fall Veggie Pizza by The Culinary Compass
- Gluten Free Curried Pumpkin Chicken Pizza by Gluten Free Crumbley
- Hawaiian Pizza Salad by Cricket’s Confections
- Homemade Pan Pizza by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Lahmacun (Turkish Pizza) by Curious Cuisiniere
- Lunchtime Pizza Muffins by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Meatball Sub Pizza by Life Tastes Good
- Mexican Pizza by Moore or Less Cooking
- Mexican-Style Corn Tortilla Pizzas by Home Sweet Homestead
- Mom’s Family Style Cavatini by Powered by BLING
- Onion Tart by Wholistic Woman
- Pepperoni and Sausage Pizza Wraps by Food Lust People Love
- Philly Cheesesteak Flatbread Pizza by Family Foodie
- Pizza Grilled Cheese by Eat, Drink and Be Tracy
- Pizza Steak Hoagie by The Freshman Cook
- Pizza Toscana by Cooking with Carlee
- Roasted Garlic and Spinach Pizza with Balsamic Onions by Helpful Homemade
- Rustic Bacon & Citrus Pizza by Gourmet Everday
- Sausage and Peppers Pizza by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Sausage Arugula Pizza by The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Shaved Brussels Sprouts and Bacon Grilled Pizza by Our Good Life
- Smoked BBQ Brisket Pizza by From Gate to Plate
- Spinach and Feta Stuffed Pizza Bread by Mindy’s Cooking Obsession
- Spinach, Chorizo, and Artichoke Pizza by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Supreme Breakfast Pizza by The Crumby Cupcake
- Taco Dip Pizza by Hardly a Goddess
- Tandoori Chicken Pizza with Fresh Basil and Mozzarella by Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- The Mac Pizza by Seduction in the Kitchen
- Vegan Margherita Pizza by Simple and Savory
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.