Happy Sunday to you all! Another Sunday, another group of awesome recipes from the Sunday Supper family. I think you will all really enjoy this egg, potato and cheese scramble this week – so simple! I make it for a quick weekday lunch, my kids enjoy it for dinner. Less than five ingredients – you can’t beat it!
Apologies for the silent week on the blog! I had to take a quick trip back home to Boston this week and didn’t get anything posted. Have no fear, I have a huge backlog of recipes to get edited! Meyer lemon and strawberry sangria, salmon cakes, Heath Bar saucepan brownies… The next week or so should be delicious. 😉
This week, as you can tell, the theme for Sunday Supper is EGGS!!! We are so lucky here in NC to have a lot of options for delicious, farm fresh eggs. If you could get gorgeous eggs like this every week, you would never buy another egg in the grocery store.
This recipe is another of my favorite not-really-a-recipe recipes. Do you ever have leftover baked potatoes in your fridge? They last forever, don’t they?! Have you ever cut one open that has been sitting there awhile? Hmmm… not so pretty, but don’t throw it out! That ugly leftover potato is going to be AWESOME in this egg, potato and cheese scramble. It’s so hearty, it could really be eaten at any meal.
I made a quick video this week to show you how easy it really is to make this!
And a live action shot … I am thankful my kids aren’t bothered by my camera in their faces!! (Yet!) J was so intent on eating this scramble, she didn’t even look up at me. 😉
The trick with this recipe is to really let the potatoes get nice and crispy in the hot pan with butter that has just started to sizzle. Then add the eggs – they will cook quickly! Then add the cheese. Top with freshly diced tomatoes or salsa. Delicious!
Egg, Potato and Cheese Scramble #SundaySupper
- 1 T butter
- 1 leftover baked potato , chopped
- 2 eggs
- Splash of milk
- 1/4 cup of shredded cheese (I used pepper jack)
- Heat butter in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Add potatoes and let cook until crispy.
- Whisk eggs together. Add a splash of milk.
- Add whisked eggs to potatoes. Stir well. Eggs will cook quickly.
- Remove from heat. Add cheese.
- Garnish with freshly chopped tomatoes or salsa! Enjoy!
Appetizers & Sides
- Classic Deviled Eggs from Confessions of a Cooking Diva
- Classic Deviled Eggs from Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Easter Deviled Egg Chicks from Pine Needles In My Salad
- Guacamole Deviled Eggs from Momma’s Meals
- Ham and Swiss Deviled Eggs from Renee’s Kitchen Adventures
- Hrudka – Ukrainian Egg Cheese for Easter from Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Jalapeño Popper Deviled Eggs from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Smoky Deviled Bacon And Eggs from Taste And See
- Spicy Sriracha Deviled Eggs from An Appealing Plan
Main Dishes (Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Brinner and Dinner!)
- Asparagus Sausage Skillet with Egg from Wholistic Woman
- Baked Eggs in Cream from Tramplingrose
- Baked Scotch Eggs from Curious Cuisiniere
- Chorizo, Dubliner, and Vegetable Quiche from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Classic Egg Salad Sandwich from My Imperfect Kitchen
- Classic Shirred Eggs with Gruyere and Ham from The Weekend Gourmet
- Egg Biryani from Food Lust People Love
- Egg & Mushrooms Popover from Brunch-n-Bites
- Fri-Tot-Ta from Feeding Big and More
- Hashbrown Egg Nests from The TipToe Fairy
- Italian Style Stuffed Bread from The Food Hunter’s Guide to Cuisine
- Jalapeño Popper Quiche from Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Japanese Egg Crepes (Kinshi Tamago) from NinjaBaker.com
- Katsudon (Fried Pork Cutlet, Egg, Rice Bowl) from Adventures in All Things Food
- Low Carb Breakfast Pizza from My Life Cookbook
- Make Ahead & Freeze Omelette Cups from Hardly A Goddess
- Mediterranean Quiche from A Mind “Full” Mom
- Mini Frittata with Asparagus and Six Italian Cheeses from La Bella Vita Cucina
- Papas con Huevos (Potato and Egg Tacos) from Kitchen Gidget
- Pasta Carbonara with Shrimp and Leeks from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Poached Eggs over Roasted Asparagus from Monica’s Table
- Potato, Egg and Cheese Scramble from And She Cooks
- Pulled Pork and Black Bean Huevos Rancheros from Cooking on The Ranch
- Spaghetti with Fried Eggs from The Texan New Yorker
- Spam Benedict with Kimchi Aioli from kimchi MOM
- Spinach Quiche Toast Cups with Hashed Browns from The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Steak Benedict from Palatable Pastime
- Steak Omelette from From Gate to Plate
- Sun-dried Tomato and Spinach Quiche from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Sunny Side Up Burger from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Tex-Mex Migas from Caroline’s Cooking
- Toad in the Hole Breakfast Sandwiches from Daily Dish Recipes
- Tomato Asiago Frittata from Books n’ Cooks
- Yemeni Shakshouka (Yemeni Spiced Scrambled Eggs) from Tara’s Multicultural Table
- Creamy Flan from The Freshman Cook
- Creme Anglaise from The Redhead Baker
- Croquembouche from Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Dark Chocolate Mousse from The Chef Next Door
- Orange Coconut Bundt Cake from Desserts Required
- Pavlova with Strawberry Curd from Love and Confections
- Pistachio Chai Baked Alaska from The Crumby Cupcake
- White Chocolate Chip Cookies from Pies and Plots
- Plus Curried Egg Salad on Toasted Naan and More Eggtastic Recipes from Sunday Supper Movement
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.