Am I the only person who regularly has leftover quinoa in my fridge? If you’ve got quinoa, or if you are looking for an excuse to make some, this Farmers Market Quinoa Salad is calling your name. This salad is bright and refreshing. A perfect “salad” for anyone who doesn’t love lettuce – like my oldest son!
The theme for this week’s Sunday Supper recipes is easy dinner salads. This is it, friends. Even if you don’t have leftover quinoa in your fridge (that’s just me, right?), you can make this in a snap.
If you haven’t discovered how awesome quinoa is, get on it.
You can even make quinoa in your rice cooker. Set it and forget it.
Once you have cooled quinoa, just add all of your favorite farmers market veggies.
I love this time of year at the farmers markets – so many beautiful choices! I picked up radishes from the farmers market, local hydroponic tomatoes, parsley from my garden, and a little bit of red onion courtesy of Harris Teeter.
I tossed my leftover, cold quinoa with a hodgepdge of delicious farmers market ingredients and some of the leftover lemon vinaigrette from my panzanella salad from the other night (just olive oil, red wine vinegar, and lemon juice!). DELICIOUS. And, really, can you get any easier? This is the perfect summer dinner salad.
Quinn told me I could sell this at a restaurant. AWWW. I’ll keep him. 😉 I didn’t even have to pay him very much to say that.
- 2 c quinoa, cooked
- 1 bunch radishes, sliced
- 1 handful parsley, chopped
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- ¼ red onion, thinly sliced
- ½ lemon, juiced
- 3 T olive oil
- 2 - 3 T red wine vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed, rub with salt
- Combine quinoa with radishes, tomatoes, parsley, red onion.
- Mix ingredients for dressing - lemon juice, red wine vinegar, garlic, and olive oil. Shake.
- Pour dressing over quinoa salad. Toss.
For more easy dinner salad recipe ideas, be sure to check out all of these recipes from the Sunday Supper family …
Sunday Supper Summer Dinner Salad Recipes
Brilliant Beef Salads
- Grilled Greek Steak Cobb with Greek Goddess Dressing by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Grilled Keilbasa and Warm Mustard Viniagrette Salad by Our Good Life
- Healthy Steak Salad by Cricket’s Confections
- Roasted Tomato Vinaigrette Beef Salad by Sunday Supper Movement
- Southwestern Steak Salad by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
Choice Chicken Salads
- BBQ Chicken Salad by Palatable Pastime
- BBQ Chicken Avocado Hemp Seed Salad by Family Foodie
- Caribbean Chicken Quinoa Salad by My Life Cookbook
- Chicken Fried Picnic Salad by The Freshman Cook
- Chicken Salad with Orange and Fennel by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Chrissy’s Cobb Salad by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Grilled Panzanella Salad with Chicken Sausage by A Mind “Full” Mom
- Rainbow Greek Chicken Salad by Jersey Girl Cooks
Superb Seafood Salads
- Beer Steamed Shrimp Salad by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Crab Salad with Chili, Tomato and Avocado by Monica’s Table
- French Lentil Salad Nicoise-Style with Seared Tuna by Caroline’s Cooking
- Red Camargue and Wild Rice Salad with Tuna by Food Lust People Love
- Roasted Cod and Edamame Salad by The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Seared Ahi Tuna Salad with Key Lime-Dijon Vinaigrette by Gourmet Everyday
- Shrimp & Orange Salad with Citrus Vinaigrette by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
Vibrant Veggie Salads
- Chopped Greek Salad by Soulfully Made
- Farmers Market Quinoa Salad by And She Cooks
- Iron Chef Morimoto Inspired Salad by NinjaBaker.com
- Kale Guacamole Salad by Pies and Plots
- Kale Superfoods Salad by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Loaded Chopped Salad by Simple and Savory
- Muffuletta Pasta Salad by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.