If you are comfortable with your grill or you are just looking for something simple to launch your grilling adventures, these simple grilled peaches will really wow you. Now that peach season is upon us here in the south, I am doing my happy dance. Peaches at every meal. Why not peaches for dessert, too? I was so excited to see peaches in my CSA box this week. They were gone within 24 hours.
I tried to get to the farmers market this weekend to replenish my supply. The trip to the farmers market reminded me why I participate in a CSA and rarely make it to the Saturday farmers market. I can either leave the market with the same number of children I entered with OR I can leave with food. Not both. And, friends, if you encounter a 16 month old begging for kettle corn, don’t give in. Let’s just say that Baby K left the market wearing significantly fewer pieces of clothing than he arrived in. And, apparently, that was the theme for the day because we went strawberry picking later and he immersed himself in a mud puddle. Off with the clothes… Strawberries taste better naked, right?
Up until this past year, I did not have a grill that I felt safe using. I am not exaggerating. Every time my husband would try to get our old grill started, I would have one hand on my heart saying a little prayer and the other hand on the phone ready to dial 911. When we were planning our big renovation, a new grill (for me!) was a must. I have cooked a few dinners on our grill – veggies, kabobs, pork tenderloins – but, really, my favorite thing to grill has been peaches.
Simple Grilled Peaches
Simple grilled peaches is the kind of dessert that makes people quietly murmur in delight while eating. And I promise you that you don’t need to do a thing to make these simple grilled peaches out of this world. The peach does all the work.
All you need to do is put the peach on the grill. Yup. That’s it. Cut it in half, remove the pit, put it on the grill. The natural sweetness of the peach is amplified when it is grilled – almost caramelizing the sweet peach flavor.
If you want to serve with additional honey or a creme anglaise sauce, go right ahead. A little bit of vanilla ice cream on a grilled peach is also a winning combination. However, if you just want to fire up your grill and make yourself a little impromptu treat with no extra fanfare, my only advice to you would be to make double what you think you might eat.
You will thank me later.
I have grilled peaches on the top rack while other items are grilling directly over the flame and I have also grilled my peaches on the bottom, closer to the heat. If you want nice sear marks in your peaches, grill them on the bottom rack, directly on the heat. Grill your peaches for a minimum of five minutes if you are cooking it at a medium heat. I usually cook mine for about 10 to 15 minutes and then top them with a little honey. Eat them while they are still warm!
Simple Grilled Peaches #SundaySupper
- 4 peaches
- 2 T honey
- Cut each peach in half. Remove the stone.
- Cook peaches flesh side down on a medium to medium hot grill.
- Cook for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Drizzle with honey.
If you are looking for more grilling ideas, this week, the Sunday Supper Family has put together an amazing array of recipes to inspire you to throw something on the barbie! Be sure to check them out.
- Grilled Peach and Pineapple Sangria by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
Let’s Get This BBQ Started!
- Bruschetta with Grilled Bread by Wholistic Woman
- Cilantro Lime Grilled Shrimp with Pineapple Salsa by Taste And See
- Grilled Avocado with Cilantro-Lime Cream by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Grilled Loaded Steak Nachos by From Gate to Plate
The Main Event
- Bison Sliders with Special Sauce by Un Assaggio of Food, Wine & Marriage
- Bourbon & Brown Sugar Marinated Grilled Steak by Books n’ Cooks
- Buffalo Chicken Wing Burgers by Red Cottage Chronicles
- Chicken Mazatlan by Palatable Pastime
- Grilled Avocado with Confetti Shrimp Salad by The Weekend Gourmet
- Grilled Corn, Zucchini and Chicken Mexican Foil Packets by Simply Healthy Family
- Grilled Shrimp Corn Salad with Avocado Vinaigrette by Food Lust People Love
- Grilled Duck with a Red Wine Reduction by Monica’s Table
- Grilled London Broil Steak Tacos by The Freshman Cook
- Grilled Pork and Pineapple Salad by Caroline’s Cooking
- Grilled Ribeye with Simple Spice Rub by Cooking Chat
- Grilled Salami Sandwich by Magnolia Days
- Grilled Skirt Steak with Chimichurri Sauce by Angels Home Sweet Homestead
- Grilled Tuna Steaks with Orange Tomato Sauce by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Grilled Tuna Steaks with Strawberry Mango Salsa by simple and savory
- Hawaiian Chicken Kebabs by Moore or Less Cooking
- Honey Balsamic Grilled Chicken by Alida’s Kitchen
- Honey Mustard Grilled Pork Chops by My World Simplified
- How to Grill Salmon and Shrimps in Banana Leaves by Asian In America
- Lamb Burgers by Positively Stacey
- Lemon Herbed Yogurt Chicken Kabobs by Momma’s Meals
- The Best Baby Back Ribs Ever!! by A Day in the Life on the Farm
On a Side Note
- Easy Garlicky Grilled Polenta by She Loves Biscotti
- Easy Grilled Articholes by April Golightly
- Grilled Asparagus with Lemon and Manchego Cheese by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Grilled Cantaloupe Salad with Queso Fresco and Herbs by Cooking With Carlee
- Grilled Corn with Herb Butter by My Imperfect Kitchen
- Grilled Vegetable Pasta Salad by Cookin’ Mimi
Saucy Sentiments and Rebellious Rubs
- Grilled Banana Boats in Foil Packets by Our Good Life
- Grilled Blackberry Peach Crumble by The Crumby Cupcake
- Grilled Blueberry Cobbler by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Grilled Dessert Pizza by Baking Sense
- Grilled Pineapple with Vanilla Sorbet by The Chef Next Door
- Grilled Strawberry & Blue Basil Granita by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Super Simple Grilled Peaches by And She Cooks
Plus Piri Piri Sauce and Recipes for Summer Grilling from Sunday Supper Movement
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement